Ford Ranger Raptor Malaysia
The Ford Ranger Raptor in Malaysia
The Ford Ranger Raptor took home the coveted title of ‘Pickup Truck of the Year’ at the DSF.my-Allianz Vehicle of the Year Awards (VOTY 2019), further reinforcing Ranger’s strong standing in Malaysia’s pickup truck segment. With Ford’s Performance DNA infused into the Built Ford Tough Ranger line, the Raptor exceeds expectations and sets a new benchmark as the only factory-built performance truck in off-road speed and capability. The launch of the Ranger Raptor has opened up a new market for the premium performance pickup truck sector, the first and only in the market.
The Features of Ford Ranger Raptor in Malaysia
The Ranger lineup has continued to earn significant recognition in Malaysia since 2012, including the ‘Pickup Truck of the Year’ at the 2018 Malaysia Car of the Year (COTY) awards, ‘Pickup Truck of the Year’ at the 2018 DSF.my Allianz Vehicle of the Year Awards (VOTY), Gold for ‘Pickup Truck of the Year’ at the Carlist.my People’s Choice Awards & Editors’ Choice Award 2018, and TopGear Chinese Editor’s Choice Pick-up Truck of the Year Awards 2018.
About Ford Ranger Raptor
- Being one of the best manufacturers of lifestyle pickups across the world, the Ford Ranger Raptor looks even more brutal and aggressive over the standard Ford Ranger, which itself is a great looking off-road vehicle. The raised stance, as well as off-road visual elements, does give the Ranger Raptor a very intimidating personality, which is enough to put some premium SUVs to shame.
- The Ford Ranger Raptor not only looks indestructible but also feels like one. The off-road worthy pickup truck boasts of solid build quality, which makes it look and feel safe and secured when seated inside it.
- A mighty pickup truck deserves a mighty heart as well, and thankfully, the Ford Ranger Raptor has been bestowed with one. Powered by a 3.2-litre five-cylinder diesel engine which is mated to an advanced 10-speed automatic gearbox, the Ford Ranger Raptor has powerful performance despite the fact that it is the heaviest pickup truck in its category.
- The engine feels rock-solid and mightily powerful on paper as well as on tarmac. However, the engine is not too impressive when it comes to refinement and NVH levels. The engine feels noisy, with some of the noise intruding in the cabin as well, something which a premium lifestyle pickup like Ranger Raptor shouldn’t have in the first place.
- The Ford Ranger Raptor feels like a king when driven off the road and worst of the surfaces. However, the same suspension and steering setup feels crude and rough on plush road surfaces, with the overall ride quality being a bit bouncy. Also, the humongous turning radius means that driving the Ranger Raptor on a daily basis is not a child’s play.